How to make Purple Ombre Mini Cakes
Find your favorite icing and vanila cake recipe or purchase a cake box mix and icing at the store and use them with these instructions.
1. Prepare vanilla cake batter, using a box mix or a scratch recipe.
2. Divide the batter into 4 bowls and color as desired.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking pans
4. Bake as directed by recipe. Cool cakes on cooling rack.
5. Use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of cake from each layer. Cut off cake as necessary to make each circle flat.
6. Layer cakes as desired, piping a swirl of frosting between each layer. Frost the tops of the cakes as desired.